Fwd: Re: RFE kmail with S/MIME

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri May 16 23:12:01 BST 2003

On Friday 16 May 2003 17:42, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> This is an interesting question from Alan Cox...
>
> Subject: Re: RFE kmail with S/MIME
> Date: Wednesday 14 May 2003 01:33
> From: Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com>
>
> > Although the Aegypten project added some S/MIME suport to kmail, it was
> > not integrated.  There is now an integrated KSSL based S/MIME capability
> > in the cvs.
>
> Have the kmail people obtained rights to use IBM patent 5953420 ? Do they
> know about that IBM patent ?
>
> http://www.ietf.org/ietf/IPR/IBM-diffie-hellman.html

  Very interesting point.  Does it even matter given that OpenSSL does all of
this though?  I would think that they would be the ones required to obtain
these rights.  In any case, it looks like it's free so it can't hurt...
Should KMail developers do this, or KSSL developers?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/