Is DCOP reentrant?

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Fri May 16 13:35:35 BST 2003

> > I encountered a problem using kdeprintd and kpasswdserver KDED modules
> > at the same time. My goal is to use kpasswdserver from kdeprintd. So
> > I use a call like
> >
> > if (callingDcopClient()->call("kded", "kpasswdserver", "queryAuthInfo..."
> >
> > The problem is that queryAuthInfo internal mechanism involves a
> > queueing process (using beginTransaction and endTransaction) which
> > completely messes up the original DCOP call:
>
> I guess the problem is local dcop calls in combination with transactions. Will
> look into it.

Yes. I looked at dcop code. If the target is the local client, the
DCOPClient::receive() method is directly called. kpasswdserver starts
a transaction and returns, such that the "call" method in my code
returns immediately.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.