Security question [#58427]

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Wed May 14 13:06:40 BST 2003

> Do you mean that there is no GUI for printing using another ID bc' the server
> might be misconfigured, ie. without basic security enabled? What is stopping
> a user from using the CLI (besides the fact that they might not be aware of
> how to do it)? This really seems bad security through bad obscurity.

Well, CLI like "lpr" does not allow the user to change its ID. AFAIK, there's
no option to change the username.

But as I said, I can re-enable it. I'll commit a patch later today.

Michael.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.