KHTML developers: Animated GIF playing

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Tue May 13 14:39:40 BST 2003

On Tuesday 13 May 2003 14:57, Mosfet wrote:
> Well, dithering shouldn't be a problem... GIF color tables can only have 256
> colors ;-) You can have a global color table and local ones, but each image
> frame will use only one colormap with 256 colors. Here's what the spec says:

I'm afraid I don't understand your ascii art. But as a matter of fact you can have
100 frames on different positions of the background with different 256 colours
and each having it's own local color map.

BTW: try to display http://www3.sympatico.ca/asid/in.gif, konqueror can't,
xv can't, mozilla can, display can, IE can (afair), pixie can't. :)

Greetings, Stephan