GTK2 font settings

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Mar 28 18:28:06 GMT 2003

On Friday 28 of March 2003 18:28, Havoc Pennington wrote:
[snip]

> I don't think it owns the desktop, I think it starts nautilus as a
> side effect of calling methods on the nautilus server.  It's possible
> a simple change could be made to this code to only kick in if nautilus
> is running. Also, for a long time I've been meaning to spec a manager
> selection for desktop ownership and get nautilus /kdesktop to honor
> it. (Same mechanism used to avoid multiple WMs.)

 That can be easily done, but assuming this XKillClient() issue is solved, for
what else would this be needed? I fail to see why anybody would try to run
KDesktop under GNOME, just like using Nautilus for background in KDE. On the
other hand, KDesktop provides some quite important features in KDE, like the
Alt+F2 minicli, or some other global keyboard shortcuts.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org