carpdjih at mailbox.tu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 26 02:33:15 GMT 2003
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
On Tuesday 25 March 2003 10:31, Jakob Schroeter wrote:
I'd really like to see this class in kdelibs -- I for one want noatun's global
keys plugin make use of it. Although it needs to become more customizable for
that (i.e. I'd like it to show a vertical volume meter bar and a horizontal
Just a few comments:
- - enum osdMoveDir <-- this should be upper-case, i.e. OSDMoveDir or
OsdMoveDir for consistency
- - why do you call the set*-methods from init() instead of initializing the
members directly? Especially things like setFont( QFont() ) looks
- - the set*-methods should be virtual for extensibility
- - why create the QPainter object on the heap?
- - the NoFocus policy is set both in the c'tor and in create()
- - using an instance of KOSD for more than just a "single shot display" results
in multiple timers being created with new (create() being called from show())
- - I'm not the expert with Xinerama (hi George :), but using
QApplication::desktop() is the wrong way, IIRC.
- - why use KConfig b(".kderc", false, true);?
+ * @param config A string containing a uint (QRgb) value of foreground
- -> and why use a string and call toUint() on that?
- - what about a setAutoDelete() like KPassivePopup has?
- - in the KNotifyDialog UI, the OSD should IMHO be another option for "passive
popup", not an entirely new option (i.e. no separate column needed).
> Due to the kate config the patches also remove some trailing whitespace. I
> hope you don't mind.
You might put this into your .cvsrc (-w makes it ignore whitespace):
diff -up -Bw
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the kde-core-devel