OT: Bad signatures (was: Re: kfilemetainfo.cpp)

Daniel Stone dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au
Mon Mar 24 03:14:09 GMT 2003

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 11:10:36PM +0100, Ingo Kl?cker scrawled:
> Unfortunately, there's more. Thiago (Thanks!) also sent me a diff
> between a sent and a received message where the received message had a
> bad signature. In his case some mail server or mailing list software
> (Yahoogroups) changed "=2D-=20" to "--=20". We escape leading dashes in
> order to prevent mime boundaries from appearing somewhere in the middle
> of a message part. IIRC the MIME specs recommend escaping leading
> dashes. So there's not much we can do about this.

Check the Mutt code in regards to this - I've used it for about 4 years
now, and never had any problems with its GnuPG handling. I've been
posting to Debian, KDE, internal, and other mailing lists for aeons,
every message signed, and no bad signatures, ever.

Well, except for this one mailing list that just corrupted the signature
block, but that's not any MUA's fault. :)

--
Daniel Stone                                     <dstone at trinity.unimelb.edu.au>
Developer, Trinity College, University of Melbourne