PATCH: am_edit kdeinit library autogeneration

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Tue Mar 18 14:01:47 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 18 of March 2003 14:40, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> Stephan Kulow wrote:
> > Haem? in lib_ belong only lib*
>
> Ahh, well in existing Makefile.am's, there aren't really any examples of
> people making a <program>.la and putting it in kde_module_LTLIBRARIES.
> They're all in lib_LTLIBRARIES as far as I've seen...
>
> e.g.:
>
>    lib_LTLIBRARIES = konqueror.la
>
> If they should really go into lib/kde3 instead, that's cool, not a hard
> change to make.

 Apps cannot link against things in kde_moduledir, so kdeinit modules have to
be lib_.

> I've been experimenting with doing things as an automake wrapper
> instead, which basically does this:
>
> 1. preprocess Makefile.am to .Makefile.am
> 2. run automake on the .Makefile.am
> 3. translate .Makefile -> Makefile in the resultant .Makefile.in, and
> copy it to Makefile.in
> 4. let am_edit processing continue normally
>
> This *almost* works out of the box, except that automake hand-codes
> itself into the makefiles.  :P

 am_edit already modifies Makefile.in where automake calls itself. You could
extend that to call your preprocessor before automake is called (just like
it's needed in admin/Makefile.cvs).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer