PATCH: am_edit kdeinit library autogeneration

Benjamin Reed ranger at befunk.com
Tue Mar 18 13:40:00 GMT 2003

Stephan Kulow wrote:

> Haem? in lib_ belong only lib*

Ahh, well in existing Makefile.am's, there aren't really any examples of
people making a <program>.la and putting it in kde_module_LTLIBRARIES.
They're all in lib_LTLIBRARIES as far as I've seen...

e.g.:

   lib_LTLIBRARIES = konqueror.la

If they should really go into lib/kde3 instead, that's cool, not a hard
change to make.

I've been experimenting with doing things as an automake wrapper
instead, which basically does this:

1. preprocess Makefile.am to .Makefile.am
2. run automake on the .Makefile.am
3. translate .Makefile -> Makefile in the resultant .Makefile.in, and
copy it to Makefile.in
4. let am_edit processing continue normally

This *almost* works out of the box, except that automake hand-codes
itself into the makefiles.  :P

I can't think of any cleaner way to do this than learning python and
implementing it in unsermake, but this is becoming considerably farther
over my head than I'd expected.

Any python gurus want to help out?  The changes should actually be
pretty easy...   :)