Replace KcmFontinst with kio_fonts

Vadim Plessky vplessky at faringosept.ru
Mon Mar 17 20:17:02 GMT 2003

On Sunday 16 March 2003 23:03, George Staikos wrote:
|  On Sunday 16 March 2003 14:17, Vadim Plessky wrote:
|  > |  Yup I agree - if all systems and apps are using Fontconfig. As this
|  > | does both fontconfig, and standard X - what's the harm? It makes
|  > | exisiting and older apps work.
|  >
|  > We would (should) require XFree86 4.3.0 for KDE 3.2 release, as you
|  > won't get latest XRENDER and XCursors otherwise (not speaking about
|  > RandR) As FC is natural part of XF 4.3.0, I don't see how you can avoid
|  > installing it.
|
|      That's impossible.  Not all platforms even have XFree86, let alone the
|  fact that upgrading XFree86 just isn't always possible.

So, you think we should sacrifice KDE functionality and usability in favour of
compatibility with, say, Solaris?

AFAIK, FreeBSD uses XFree86, as well as Linux.
Besides, XiGraphics implemented Xrender in their (closed-source) X server, so
what do we really talking about here?..

--

Best Regards,

Vadim Plessky
SVG Icons * BlueSphere Icons 0.3.0 released
http://svgicons.sourceforge.net