bug handling policy / interaction with users / MPlayer

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Sun Mar 16 21:24:13 GMT 2003

On Sunday 16 March 2003 16:11, Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> Additionally, not using it as a lib has the adavantage that a crashing
> mplayer doesn't crash the parent application.

   This seems to become increasingly important.  Plugins should not be
crashing browsers, and these special viewers (flash, movies, etc) tend to
crash.  That's why I chose to make kswfdec call out to kswfplay and embed it
with QXEmbed instead of calling the player natively.  I have even been
considering this as an alternative for kwintv-rewrite now too.  It seems to
really help.

--

George Staikos