RFC: KConfig XT (KDE 3.2)

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sun Mar 16 18:32:28 GMT 2003

On Sunday 16 March 2003 11:36, Neil Stevens wrote:
> If by "registry" you mean "an app that reads many KDE text files and
> presents them for unified editing," we already have at least two
> registries in KDE:  File Associations and K Menu Editor.
>
> I see no harm in a System Defaults Editor intended for and aimed only
> at system administrators, as long as it is not used as an replacement
> for and an excuse to remove KControl functionality.

I wrote KConfEdit about a year ago and placed it in kdenonbeta. The fact
that people who don't like the idea don't know it exists tells me that
it's just the right tool. People who wanted to have a tool like that
know it exists, people who didn't don't. I think that in itself proves
it fits fine in KDE. To be honest I never made KConfEdit what I wanted
it to be but I already have a KConfEdit2, which because of my overall
dissatisfaction with the amount of KApps I named Tweaker (it's not in
cvs yet).

Zack

--
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?