bug handling policy / interaction with users / MPlayer

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Sun Mar 16 15:48:12 GMT 2003

On Sunday 16 March 2003 14:47, Tim Jansen wrote:

> Concerning MPlayer, there are two groups of people. Those who have used it,
> and those who have seen the code. I haven't seen a single person who has
> seen the code and still wanted to use it :) or even maintain a program
> based on it...

Oh I'm pretty sure mplayer sucks too. That the program is already themeable at
this stage of development is a dead giveaway. Jamie Zawinsky's rant about it
was quite well put :

http://www.jwz.org/doc/linuxvideo.html

But, as always, bad software doesn't get better because something worse exists
:-).

--
					Guillaume.
					http://www.telegraph-road.org