bug handling policy / interaction with users

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Sun Mar 16 12:28:53 GMT 2003

Moin,

On Sonntag März 16 2003 11:59, Vadim Plessky wrote:
> On Sunday 16 March 2003 00:31, Charles Samuels wrote:
> |  I sometimes regret writing noatun and getting caught up in the aRts
> | curse. Which not only is responsible for the overwhelming majority of the
> | bugs. This alone wouldn't be the problem, but I get very little
> | appreciation at all from any KDE developer, and I'm left with little
> | reason to continue developing it.
>
> Charles, you should continue with Noatun developemnt. I appreciate your
> work very much!
> And I really don't understand where you have come with that bad feeling
> from.

Same for me and icq protocol in kopete, with no help from outside and too many
wishes and problems to face it gets annoying. fortunately that problem is
gone in kopete as the old icq plugin is dead :)

Also Charles thought he would get more positive feedback about Noatun,
unfrotunately users just complain if things don't work, they almost never say
"thank you". That's quite annoying too and you have to think about that fact
everytime you get another rant that makes you sad. At least I try to do that,
it's of no use waiting for that never to come "thank you".

Note for Charles: keep in mind that you're not the only one working on Noatun,
currently we have at least two guys named exa and mETz working on playlists
so the future is not that dark after all ;)

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
sgehn_AT_gmx.net | ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein