bad gcc's (2.96 20000731) (Was: Re: Confirm bugs! (Was: Re: About 3.2 - note to bugfixers))

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Sat Mar 8 23:04:08 GMT 2003

On Sat, Mar 08, 2003 at 03:17:22PM -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> ASPLinux has nothing to do with Red Hat, it is this thing according to
> google: http://www.asplinux.ru/

aah. thanks for that info.

anyways, 2.96 was an unofficial compiler "released" by redhat.
easy mistake to make therefore to make in my opinion, i'd
assumed it was the advanced package.

> It is not widely known by anyone who knows the facts. It may be a
> widespread rumor, but that's not the same as reality. Bero used to
> have a web page about it, but I can't find it now.

sorry but its a commonly known fact that 2.96
with a date such as 20000731 is buggy as hell.
take a look the backtraces. absolute crap.

i just thought that it would be a good idea
to help the users out by suggesting that they
upgrade. seemed like a useful suggestion to me.

mvg,
Alex who happens to have read all the facts