Spell Checking built into KTextEdit?

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Fri Mar 7 05:20:47 GMT 2003

On Friday 07 March 2003 09:23, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> On March 6, 2003 07:16 pm, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > On Friday 07 March 2003 0:01, Jason Keirstead wrote:
> > > If people are open to this idea I would volenteer to do the
> > > coding for it, I already made a check as you type plugin for
> > > Kopete whose need would be eliminated if this avenue was
> > > persued.

Scott: hi :)

> > Don and I have kicked this around some.  Basically it's pretty
> > easy once the highlighter class is ready to be moved to kdelibs.
> > But it's not.  I've already added highlighting in KHTML text
> > boxes to the feature plan.  This will be the means.  In fact we
> > had a working prototype, it's just not ready to go in.
>
> Ah ok. I wasn't sure the development was being coordinated. Nice to
> see though.

Scott and I do both seem to be busy, so I'm grateful for help.
Just this expression of interest is very helpful as it reminds me to
finish this and shows that the feature is wanted, thanks.

I do have a bit more work to do on the highlighter class. Basically
this means changing the syntaxhighlighter constructor so that it
takes arguments instead of having the syntaxhighlighter code read
values from kmail's config file. (ie not very much work is left, I
just haven't found the time to get to it).

> One thing I have in my plugin that I miss in KMail is the ability
> to right click on a misspelled word and get the list of possible
> corrections. Any plans for this in the KTextEdit ?

I think a lot of people (will) want this. Help would be nice,
implementing this doesn't have to be difficult.

Don.