Problem with configure check for UIC in kdebase

Adam Treat manyoso at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 6 21:43:38 GMT 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 04:39 pm, Adam Treat wrote:
> I am having a problem with configuring kdebase for the last few days.  I
> think I've traced the problem back to a change in the acinclude.m4.in in
> kde-common/admin a few days ago.  It seems the changes to the UIC check are
> causing problems and I'm not sure why.  I've built and installed kdelibs
> successfully and this is what I get when I try and do a ./configure in
> kdebase after i've already done 'make -f Makefile.cvs'

BTW, I've just done this and it works:

manyoso at vishnu:~/dev/kde/kdebase$ vi actest.ui

<!DOCTYPE UI><UI version="3.0" stdsetdef="1">
<class>NewConnectionDialog</class>
<widget class="QDialog">
   <widget class="KLineEdit">
        <property name="name">
           <cstring>testInput</cstring>
        </property>
   </widget>
</widget>
</UI>

manyoso at vishnu:~/dev/kde/kdebase$ /usr/local/qt/bin/uic -L
/usr/local/kde/lib/kde3/plugins/designer -nounload -impl actest.h actest.ui

... and it seems to work fine. it just outputs a cpp file to the console.  no
errors.  not sure what is wrong ????

Adam