glib dependancy in KDE3.x

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Mar 6 12:16:10 GMT 2003

On Thursday 06 March 2003 12:57, Holger Schröder wrote:
> Hi,
>
> perhaps this is a silly question, as i do not yet understand all this low
> level stuff, but i will ask it anyway ;-)
>
> i am working on the kde-cygwin stuff, and we want to get kde running on
> windows as native as possible, so will this possible change require us to
> do more work?
> i haven´t looked into arts very deeply, so i can´t estimate if it will ever
> run on windows or how hard it would be to make it working on windows...
> in the first time we could of course work without any sound.
>
> can anyone light this up for me, please ?

Their latest changelog mentions Win32 bugfixes, so it can't be too bad.

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib.html says
"GLib is a general-purpose utility library, which provides many useful data
types, macros, type conversions, string utilities, file utilities, a main
loop abstraction, and so on. It works on many UNIX-like platforms, Windows,
OS/2 and BeOS. GLib is released under the GNU Library General Public License
(GNU LGPL)."

Cheers,
Waldo