kdebase/kicker/ui/recentapps.* -> kdelibs/kio/kio/krecentapps.*?

Stephan Binner binner at kde.org
Tue Mar 4 17:35:41 GMT 2003

Hello,

I wrote a kicker/menuext/quickstart extension which shows the last/most used
menu items. There my problem was the synchronisation with PanelServiceMenu's
static RecentlyLaunchedApps class. So I rewrote it a little bit and want to
ask if it can be put into kio library (has to be something to which menuext
links) even if it doesn't fit 100% there. I also have a patch for KDesktop's
mini-cli to use it (and trigger update of Kicker's process copy via DCOP).

Perhaps even KRun can be changed to add to it, but I fear without an over-
loaded flag "addToRecentApps" or alike too many services would be added.

Any opinion (including if slower static methods would be better) welcome.

Bye,
   Steve