Clock

Benjamin Meyer ben at meyerhome.net
Fri Jun 27 10:34:50 BST 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 12:41 pm, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Thursday 19 June 2003 16:10, Benjamin Meyer wrote:

> > > What do you mean? The clock applet does always use
> > > $KDEHOME/share/config/clockappletrc, right? So it's the same conf
> > > file for everyone.
> >
> > Nope, Kicker gives it a ktemp type name such as
> > clock_panelapplet_oseckroff5glziwmyzv_rc
>
> It seems I'm already using KDE since before this changed. Apparently the
> name of the config file is stored in kickerrc. So you will have to get
> the filename from kickerrc and then you will have to update the
> clockapplet rc manually. To do this write a perl script which is called
> by kconf_update and which parses kickerrc to find the name of the clock
> applet rc and then parse the clock applet rc. Actually you could make
> the perl script create a temporary upd file (for clock applet rc) and
> then call kconf_update from the perl script with this temporary upd
> file.
>
> Regards,
> Ingo

What about this?  Is this anywhere near close?

Id=KDE3.2
Script=" \
#!/bin/sh \
config_dir=~/.kde/share/config/ \
for pkg in `find $config_dir -name 'clock_panelapplet_*' -maxdepth 1 | sort`;
do \
  filename=`basename $pkg` \
  sed 's/Tyle=Plain/Type=0/' filename \
  sed 's/Tyle=Digital/Type=1/' filename \