Clock

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jun 22 17:41:15 BST 2003

On Thursday 19 June 2003 16:10, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> On Thursday 19 June 2003 7:38 am, Ingo Klöcker wrote:

> > > How can I specify the file to be updated when the clock plugin
> > > uses a different conf file for everyone?
> >
> > What do you mean? The clock applet does always use
> > $KDEHOME/share/config/clockappletrc, right? So it's the same conf
> > file for everyone.
>
> Nope, Kicker gives it a ktemp type name such as
> clock_panelapplet_oseckroff5glziwmyzv_rc

It seems I'm already using KDE since before this changed. Apparently the
name of the config file is stored in kickerrc. So you will have to get
the filename from kickerrc and then you will have to update the
clockapplet rc manually. To do this write a perl script which is called
by kconf_update and which parses kickerrc to find the name of the clock
applet rc and then parse the clock applet rc. Actually you could make
the perl script create a temporary upd file (for clock applet rc) and
then call kconf_update from the perl script with this temporary upd
file.

Regards,
Ingo