introducing brockenboring

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Wed Jun 25 17:25:42 BST 2003

Am Wednesday 25 June 2003 17:46 schrieb Lubos Lunak:
>  So our solution to fix ld.so performance problems came to the point where
> it cripples ld.so performance once it got somewhat fixed (prelink). I hope
> this brockterribleword solution is non-unsermake users only?
brockterribleword is an excellent name too! :)

Yes, automake just doesn't create code for non-present primaries (which is
a good thing per se), so you can't have both a PROGRAM and a LTLIBRARY
from one Makefile.am without listing both. But a LTLIBRARY and a link is
ok :)

For unsermake this doesn't matter at all, it simply catches one and creates
whatever code you want to.

Greetings, Stephan

Hasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini שלום Peoch
Shanti Vrede Baris Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sulh Py'guapy 평화