KDE 3.2 release plan=?iso-8859-1?q?notice

Daniel Stone dstone at kde.org
Mon Jun 16 01:02:31 BST 2003

On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 09:00:38PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Dream on! Nobody is using the RC of a .0 release, so unless you get the
> stuff in use, you don't find the real problems -> .1 releases will always have
> less bugs.

Believe me, they do. I quit maintaining KDE after 3.0rc5 because my
mailbox was full-to-bursting with flames about a certain error in the
ktalkd package - and these were Debian users! The sheer number was
enough to make me decide it wasn't worth it, and throw in the towel.

Now imagine, say, Gentoo.

Yeah, there's a fair bit of demand, I'd say, but conditional on one
thing: packages. If there are packages to test, people will always jump
on it.

Penny Arcade has a phrase for them[1], I believe.

-d

[1]: http://www.penny-arcade.com/news.php3?date=2003-05-12, look at the
     last post from Tycho.

--