Bug in uic or what?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Jun 11 00:07:37 BST 2003

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 00:54, Harri Porten wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Ingo [iso-8859-15] Klöcker wrote:
> > why do I have to add
> > <include location="global" impldecl="in
> > implementation">ksomeclass.h</include>
> > to a whole lot of .ui files in order to make kdebase compile with
> > Qt 3.1.2? Was there a change in Qt 3.2 which makes it impossible to
> > compile .ui files which were generated with Qt 3.2 designer with a
> > Qt 3.1.2 uic? There are a lot of <includehints> in the ui files
> > which seem to be ignored by the Qt 3.1.2 uic.
>
> Did you recompile the plug-ins (kdewidgets.so) with Qt 3.2 ? From
> what you describe it could well be that uic doesn't look at the
> plug-ins (which contains the include file info) because of a version
> mismatch.

Well, I'm still using Qt 3.1.2 and I didn't try Qt 3.2 yet. What I did
was cvs update kdelibs and kdebase. Then I re-ran make in kdelibs (so
only changed files where recompiled). Then I tried the same in kdebase.
But make bailed out when compiling several uic generated files. A fresh
recompile of kdebase also didn't help.
I just recompiled kdewidgets.so but the *.cpp file generated by uic from
kdebase/kcontrol/background/bgdialog_ui.ui still misses #include
<kurlrequester.h> (which is needed for KURLComboRequester).

Regards,
Ingo