Someone broke bugs.kde.org?

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sat Jun 7 11:20:32 BST 2003

On Friday 06 June 2003 18:36, Zack Rusin wrote:
> On Friday 06 June 2003 18:24, George Staikos wrote:
> > After at least two weeks of this I start to grow tired.  What
> > changed here? Given that I haven't updated kmail in forever and
> > this is 3.1 branch I'm inclined to guess that this isn't KMail's
> > fault.  Based on the full headers of the few messages that come
> > through without the whole header in the body, I think it has to do
> > with the Subject: line being completely broken in email sent by
> > bugs.kde.org.  Anyone know what's going on here?  What changed?
> > Note that Reply-to is in the body now so I keep sending responses
> > to these bugs directly to the reporter and it's getting really
> > annoying.

Since this also happened for some messages on kde-cvs it's more likely
that mailman chokes on some messages than that bugs.kde.org is
responsible for this. Luckily, so far all bug reports that arrived at
kmail at kde.org were not mangled.

> I've seen that also. There are two problems here, which are most
> probably related :
> 1) Something inserts newlines at various places in the header,
> therefore the massage breaks up (your case)
> 2) Something separates CC line into individual cc fields (KMail is
> missing the some CC addresses then).

Please note that at most one CC header is allowed according to the
Internet Message Format specs (RFC 2822). Of course it would be nice if
KMail would nevertheless read all CC headers.

Regards,
Ingo