Kate in HEAD constantly crashes when opened document changes on disk

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Jun 3 05:00:31 BST 2003

On Monday 02 June 2003 23:53, Dawit A. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Kate from head has recently became unusable for me because it just
> crashes constantly and some of the things that used to work do not anymore!
> Do any of the kate developers use their own baby ?  The crashes I encounter
> are almost always caused by an open file that has changed on disk for
> whatever reason, mostly a kdebug output file. The crashes themselves seem
> to be caused by the many assert calls in kdelibs/kate/katebuffer.*,
> specially the ones in KateBufBlock::line(unsigned).  Anyways, I am posting
> this here because I am hitting these assert points.  Can one of the kate
> developers please take a look ?  I cannot be the only one running into this
> problem.  I am using KDE HEAD (of course) and Qt 3.2 beta1 (qt-copy
> version).
>
> BTW, while I am at it, changing the default hightlight scheme does not seem
> to work either :(

  Do you happen to have something like a konqueror window open when the
changes happen?  I noticed similar things with KOffice apps when a konqueror
window was opened.  It would screw things up badly, I *suspect* due to
thumbnails trying to regenerate at the same time due to an autosave or
something like that.  It would result in 0 byte files being saved, but not
crashes.  As long as nothing was watching that directory it works fine
though.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/