new kde project

Tim Jansen tim at tjansen.de
Mon Jun 2 18:26:51 BST 2003

On Monday 02 June 2003 18:49, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> While I can't seem to get it to do anything at the moment -- would it make
> sense to merge this into KHotkeys?  There you have DCOP binding
> configuration thingies and whatnot.  IR control would seem to fit into the
> same family as hotkeys and mouse gestures...

Yes, there are more devices than just IR remote controls that could benefit
from the infrastructure:
- multimedia keyboards (PS/2 or USB, driven by keycodes)
- USB HID devices (like the 'copy' buttons on scanners and 'snapshot' on
webcams)
- bluetooth remote controls (there are specal bluetooth devices to control
presentations, so you would have commands like 'next slide')

I also wonder how it interacts with other IR software: while this IR handler
is running, is it still possible to receive other data, for example using
OBEX?

bye...