KDE difficult on requirements

Bernhard Reiter bernhard at intevation.de
Thu Jul 31 10:03:19 BST 2003

And I answered:

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 19:33, Martin Konold wrote:

> Technically KDE is a much easier framework to create powerful applications
> in a short timeframe with limited ressources.

Compared to what?
The problem with Ralf's original statement is
that he compares KDE's (build) requirements to
that of _any_ other piece of software,
not limited to comparable desktop environments or GNOME.
Given the difficulties that I personally experienced over years,
KDE's requirements are complicated by absolute standards.

Even if geared towards desktop environments,
which would need a detailed in depth comparison
I doubt that KDE comes out on top with (build) requirements.
It might come up on top in other criteria,
this is not the right threads to go into the details.

> The stability and maintainance of older versions
> is exceptional withing KDE. We even still
> provide patches for old KDE 2.

I never said that KDE is bad in any way, it is good.
Nevertheless there is room for improvements.
(I've described that in more detail in other subthreads.)