Qt 3.2 requirement

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Thu Jul 31 00:54:29 BST 2003

On Wednesday 30 July 2003 12:10, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> <rant> Not to
> speak about the people who write that program, it's commonly known
> that the group of people working on kmail are regarded as a closed
> circle of people who let hardly leave any room for other people to
> join in through their barriers of bureaucracy. </rant>

Could you please stop spreading such FUD. It's true that I don't
appreciate half-cooked patches which cause more trouble than they are
worth because it's me (or one of the other regular KMail developers)
who has to fix those patches. Yes, I made Laurent stop contributing to
KMail. How? Well, he couldn't stand me reverting a wrongly working
patch that would have cost me too much time to fix. And he committed at
least two only partly working patches without giving us a chance to
review the patches first. Even we, the KMail core developers, often
send larger patches to the mailing list so that the others can have a
look at them before we commit. This definitely helps to keep the newly
introduced bugs to a minimum. If presenting a patch for review is a too
high barrier of bureaucracy for you then I pity you and I ask you why
very often people send patches to kde-core-devel instead of simply
committing them. Obviously those people don't have a problem with this
policy. People who send their patches to the list and who can stand a
little critique for their patches are always welcome. People who commit
larger changes (not bug fixes) without first presenting the patch are
not welcome.

BTW, you might want to check the first messages that Till Adam send to
the KMail mailing list and then you'll see that your rant is completely
inappropriate.

I'm really sorry, that I took this flame bait.

Regards,
Ingo