KIO event notification [was: Re: are GUI elements like Dialogs in a kioslave possible insomeway?]

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Wed Jul 30 11:37:08 BST 2003

Am Mittwoch, 30. Juli 2003 10:47 schrieb Josef Weidendorfer:

Hi,

> A KIOSlave can't pass any trigger/notification/change events with the
> KIOSlave interface of current kdelibs to the using app.

> I'm all for changing this (since KDE 2.x ;-), but that's needs new design
> ideas:

We have similar problems with IMAP. Actually in order to really implement IMAP
correctly and efficiently we must be able to work asynchronious. The IMAP
server may send answers at any time in any order. These replies than have to
be propagated to the application.

What about discussion the kio event notification in n7y?

Regards,
-- martin

Dipl.-Phys. Martin Konold
e r f r a k o n
Nobelstrasse 15, 70569 Stuttgart, Germany
fon: 0711 67400963, fax: 0711 67400959
email: martin.konold at erfrakon.de