DCOPReply/kidl bug

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Wed Jul 30 07:18:38 BST 2003

There appears to be a strange bug in DCOPReply and/or kidl generation.  I have
a method defined as:

long foo(arg,arg,arg)

The kidl that gets generated ends up with:
<TYPE>long int</TYPE>

When I try to use a DCOPRef to call this method and obtain the DCOPReply, it
compares the return type "long int" on the server to "long" on the client,
discovers a mismatch, and fails.  If I use DCOPReply.get((some long), "long
int") it works fine, but this is not ideal.  Note that I never put "long int"
anywhere in the code.  It seems that one side decided to make "long" be "long
int", the other decided to use "long", and the string compare failed.  Which
one is correct?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/