Qt 3.2 requirement

Lars Knoll lars at trolltech.com
Mon Jul 28 12:12:52 BST 2003

> > > We're talking about CVS HEAD here. HEAD is not stable. That's the
> > > point.
> >
> > Let me expand on that.
> >
> > KDE 3.2 _will_ depend on Qt 3.2 when KDE 3.2 is released (if it doesn't
> > it'll be extremely disappointing for users of the new languages supported
> > in Qt 3.2). I don't think anybody is in any doubt about that.
>
> What changes in KDE are required to support the new languages?

The changes needed should be mostly limited to kdelibs. Basically only text
input widgets (mainly kate) should need fixing. Everything else should
usually work just fine.

Already now, display of indic text works just fine when using Qt-3.2. Some
applications will have some smaller problems, but it should be perfectly
possible to run a localized version of KDE in Hindi already now.

Lars