Qt 3.2 requirement

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Jul 25 18:40:02 BST 2003

On Freitag, 25. Juli 2003 12:41, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Fre, 25 Jul 2003, Ralf Nolden wrote:
> > that wouldn't allow us to switch to Qt 3.2 generally, so the question is:
> > what are the "bugs" that Qt 3.2 would trigger in a KDE 3.1.x environment
> > ?
>
> Have you ever started up an application, like lets say.. Konqueror?

In my mail I stated that I've build qt-x11-free-3.2.0.tar.gz and installed it
under KDE 3.1.2 plus tested the behavior. I can't see any problems so far, so
I'd like to know exactly where the problems are when people say that there
"might be problems of compatibility". I'm not saying that KDE 3.1.x should
*require* qt-3.2, but that using Qt 3.2 under a KDE 3.1 should be possible.

Ralf

Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org