wanted: autotools guru/kulow, i18n diety/diehl

Gerold J. Wucherpfennig gjwucherpfennig at gmx.net
Wed Jul 23 21:26:19 BST 2003

On Tuesday 22 July 2003 23:11, Rob Kaper wrote:
> The server part of Atlantik, monopd, has been imported into kdenonbeta.
>
> My goals for this move (from SourceForge) are:
>
> - remove the duplication for the game objects (nonsense to have a duplicate
> codebase) - provide a way for server-generated messages to be i18n'ed
> - integrate the server into the client (autostart for example, so you'll
>   never be without one)
> - make use of nifty Qt classes where possible (compared to current STL
> nonsense) - stop annoying users with SF's anoncvs downtime (the direct
> cause for this long-planned action)
>
> This will greatly benefit users. Monopd is currently plain C++ with a some
> STL in it and some other dependencies, but moving stuff over to Qt (and
> where really beneficial, KDE) is going to be worked on fairly soon!

IIRC monopd was/is a standalone GUI/toolkit independent game server...
Aren't there some other GUI apps which use monopd? What do the
GTK+/GNOME people say about depending on QT?
Or are these other projects dead...?
What's the new vision of monopd?
What about the QT or QT/E dependency? Is quite a big one ...

Regards,

Gerold