Compile errors accross the CVS with SuSE 8.2

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Mon Jul 21 13:55:03 BST 2003

Hi Stephan,

On Mon, 21 Jul 2003, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 July 2003 11:53, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > On Die, 15 Jul 2003, Andras Mantia wrote:
> >
> > > So something is really broken. Can any of the admin maintainers (or Makefile
> > > guru) try reproduce it and fix it? It seems to affect many CVS users.
> >
> > well, the affected makefiles have to be fixed. Just add a _COMPILE_FIRST
> > target. see the commits I'll do in a minute.
>
> I'd like to know what they were. I'm too lazy to figure out what Dirk commits
> at 15 July 11:54. At least I had to revert all commits Adriaan did, so I'd like
> to know what Dirk meant. In theory am_edit is supposed to add all generated

Yes, I was surprised that "restore sanity" was your commit message. I was
just mimicking Dirk, and making it compile for me. Does your second
message just now

> It's an am_edit bug introduced lately. I reverted to 1.368 and it adds
> dependencies

apply to this as well? I must admit I hadn't considered the possibility of
am_edit bugs being responsible, especially since the broken dependencies
had been around for a week or two (on -pim).

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE