Compile errors accross the CVS with SuSE 8.2

Stephan Kulow coolo at kde.org
Mon Jul 21 13:38:36 BST 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 11:53, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Die, 15 Jul 2003, Andras Mantia wrote:
>
> > So something is really broken. Can any of the admin maintainers (or Makefile
> > guru) try reproduce it and fix it? It seems to affect many CVS users.
>
> well, the affected makefiles have to be fixed. Just add a _COMPILE_FIRST
> target. see the commits I'll do in a minute.

I'd like to know what they were. I'm too lazy to figure out what Dirk commits
at 15 July 11:54. At least I had to revert all commits Adriaan did, so I'd like
to know what Dirk meant. In theory am_edit is supposed to add all generated
header files to all object files _of the same_ target. So if krfb's newconnectiondialog.h
isn't there when krfb's rfbcontroller.cc is compiled, then this is no bug in Makefile.am
but in some other component.

Greetings, Stephan