getdomainname prototype definition in admin/acinclude.m4.in

Thiago Macieira thiagom at wanadoo.fr
Thu Jul 17 18:51:39 BST 2003

Benjamin Reed wrote:
>MacOSX uses size_t as well (which on OSX is unsized int I believe).
>Sounds like the test needs to be changed to something that understands
>either...  :(

Actually, it doesn't matter what it is as long as:
1) there is only one prototype
2) the size of the parameter is the same
3) the type is, of course, defined

So, it doesn't matter if we define it to int or size_t, but we must be sure
that there won't be another getdomainname() showing up in the headers with a
different signedness or size.

And by size the problem is that int is generally 32-bits, but size_t is 64-bit
on 64-bit platforms.

The problem we're facing now is 2 & 3 on Solaris (which is big-endian; little-
endian machines don't have problem #2)

--
  Thiago Macieira  -  Registered Linux user #65028
   thiagom at mail.com
    ICQ UIN: 1967141   PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358