OLS

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Jul 17 05:12:22 BST 2003

Ottawa Linux Symposium is coming up next week, and as most of you don't know,
KDE does have a very small delegation attending.  Zack and I will be there.
We will be meeting with Havoc Pennington and others interested in
freedesktop.org and desktop integration and cooperation in general.  We would
really appreciate some feedback regarding this from the KDE community.
Please send, via private email, your questions or concerns so that we can
attempt to address them as time permits.

Where do you think KDE and other desktops need to cooperate more?  Where do we
need more standardization?  Do you have a proposal for a new standard that
you would like discussed?  Are you concerned that KDE is being unfairly
treated in any of the related areas?  How about kernel issues that could be
addressed to help the performance of KDE (we saw mention of this on
kde-optimize)?  Anything else?

Again, please send us your concerns in private before Tuesday July 22 (to
either or both of us).   There is no need to start threads here.  Zack and I
will assemble a postmortem of the meeting and post the results on the lists
and/or the dot as we feel is appropriate.  We will respect your anonymity if
requested.

Oh, and remember, only intelligent compositions will escape the void that is
/dev/null.

Thank you!

--
George Staikos