Announce: new kinfocenter firewire module

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Wed Jul 16 21:25:53 BST 2003

On Tuesday 15 July 2003 23:54, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > You can get the sources from http://www.neundorf.net/src/view1394.tar.bz2
> > It uses libraw1394, so it is linux-only. It consists of only approx. 250
> > lines of code, so that I don't think abstracting anything to make it
> > portable to other platforms makes sense.
>
> Stating beforehand that it's not going to be portable opens up a whole can
> of worms.

Well, ieee1394 under linux means libraw1394, I don't know how the ieee1394 api
under other OS's looks. Of course everybody is invited to port/write a
version for his favorite OS, but the code is approx. 250 lines, and actually
all of them do libraw1394 stuff. IMO introducing an "abstraction layer" would
be plain bloat in this case.

Bye
Alex