Australian representative?

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Fri Jul 11 09:29:02 BST 2003

On Monday 07 July 2003 17:41, Lauri Watts wrote:
> On Friday 04 July 2003 14.17, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> > Sirtaj (taj at k.o), has been in Delhi for quite some time, and will
> > continue to be, instead of in Australia. Because of this, he got
> > changed to an Asian representative, rather than the Australian
> > rep. This means we've got no-one left in Australia!
> >
> > Around the time my -c-d post access was revoked,
>
> Due to your own bad behaviour including an apparent inability to
> make a post without filling it with swearing and ad hominem
> attacks.
>
> > my status as a .au
> > representative also got revoked by a member of the web team.
>
> s/member of the web team/active and valued developer/
> After having been added arbitrarily, and removed not without at
> least tacit and some cases explicit approval by many other people.
>
> > I handled a
> > few cases, and did so quite well, IMHO; as it stands, we have no
> > representatives for a country of 19 million, so I'm perfectly
> > willing to go back on the list, if there are no objections.
>
> And if there are objections?
>
> Daniel, you seem to have the idea that I dislike you personally.
> This isn't true. I've tried to come up with a way to say the
> following politely, and this is the best I can do.
>
> I don't think your behaviour historically on these very-publicly
> archived lists and other public forums is the kind of behaviour I
> wish to see identified as 'representative of KDE.'  I think we have
> some time to go before you've earnt back the goodwill you may have
> had previously with many of us.  I think KDE is currently better
> off without an Australian representative at all, than one who has a
> public persona that could cause us to be taken less than seriously.

After talking to Daniel on freenode I would like to register my
interest in becoming the KDE representative for Australia (or
Oceania).

I'm not sure if I'm willing/able/wanted to do the job. If it's just a
case of being a person that people interested in KDE can talk to I
should be able to handle that fine. At least I'm willing/able to do
that for one year but I'd prefer the position to put up for election
or made available to others after one year.

So if it's desirable to have an Australia/Oceania representative I'm
interested, if KDE is interested in having me perform the role then
could the appropriate person please send me a follow up email.

Don.