[Kde-events-de] Showing HEAD at LinuxTag....

Don Sanders sanders at kde.org
Tue Jul 8 05:04:17 BST 2003

On Sunday 06 July 2003 02:38, Till Adam wrote:
> On Saturday 05 July 2003 15:15, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > On Saturday 05 July 2003 14:38, Tobias Koenig wrote:
> > > Kontact, KOrganizer, KMail, KAddressBook and KNotes works fine
> > > here (well, and the small crash in KNotes will be fixed until
> > > Monday ;)).
> >
> > Well, the KMail part still crashes Kontact on exit.
>
> I've recently changed the behavior of the part in such a way that
> it now calls cleanup() at all. Before that, it was not cleaning up
> after itself. Don tells me he removed that call in order to fix
> some crashes a while back, but having the part not clean up is no
> solution either. I should add that I am not seeing crashes on
> cleanup when running kontact, or I would have fixed them. If you
> provide us with a backtrace and ideally a valgrind log, I'll
> happily look into it.

Last time I touched the KMail part it did perform the important clean
up steps, for instance any modified folders were saved to disk.

IIRC the only steps that weren't done were auto compaction of folders
and auto expiry of old messages. Frankly I don't consider these steps
very important, and I think there are more important things to worry
about.

In support of this stance I'd like to point out the clean up steps
omitted by the KMail part where the same steps that were omitted when
KMail was not closed by the user, e.g. the case when session
management closes KMail when the user logs out of KDE.

If it's broken now then I would appreciate it if someone put it back
the way I left it.

Don.