how do I fix this header conflict?

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jul 1 00:11:28 BST 2003

On Mon, 30 Jun 2003, Benjamin Reed wrote:

> Well it depends on how long acinclude.m4.in is at any given time and what
> you're building (kdelibs, kdebase, etc.) because it doesn't fail until
> you're past line 32768 in configure (autoconf tries to inject the current
> configure line number into tests by using the "#line" definition).

Yes, I know that. I was actually asking which tests still fail when
replacing -pedantic-errors with "-Wmissing-prototype -Werror".

IIRC the linenumber > 32768 thing is only C89 pedantic. However, when we
tried to make the configure checks using C99 semantics we ran into many
platform specific breakages (FreeBSD and Solaris being par-excellence
examples of broken system headers).

--
Dirk