Three different tab implementations

Julian Rockey linux at jrockey.com
Fri Jan 31 13:37:47 GMT 2003

On Friday 31 Jan 2003 12:48 pm, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On 2003. January 31., Friday 13:33, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > And unfortuantely some MDI apps in KDE do not give the user a choice
> > choice.  KDevelop and Quanta come to mind.  There it is MDI or nothing.
>
> Ok, let's take this a feature request. :-)  How would you like to behave
> those applications:
KDevelop 3.0 has an SDI option ("Toplevel Window Mode"), although to be fair,
it doesn't actually seem to work :-) Probably needs an SDI-enthusiast to fix
it up...(takers?) The Netbeans IDE (www.netbeans.org) also has it as an
option -- you could take a look at that to see how an app handles it.
To be honest I hadn't realised MDI was such a Bad Thing. I must stop using C-x
2 in emacs and use C-x 5 2 instead...
cheers
Julian