KDialogBase patch - make the first widget initially focused

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Jan 29 11:58:49 GMT 2003

On Monday 27 of January 2003 21:22, Mirko Boehm wrote:
> <quote who="Lubos Lunak">
>
> >  I figured KDialogBase is even explicitly forcing focus on the button
> > for some
> > strange reason (strange, because Enter or at least Ctrl+Enter activates
> > that  button anyway). This patch both disables this explicit giving of
> > the focus to  the button, and also reorders all buttons in the dialog to
> > be at the end of  the tab order. Does somebody know why KDialogBase was
> > written this way, or is  it ok to commit the patch?
>
> Well, Espen Sand knows, he is the one who changed KDialogBase to its
> current state. He also introduced the weird KJanusWidget, which in my
> opinion is a violation of the C++ approach (it displays the different
> kinds of dialogs, but this should be done in a couple of derived widgets).
>
> But I think the respective dialog developer will have to decide which
> widget should have focus first.

 But forcing it by default on the buttons is wrong IMHO. If I write a dialog
based on QDialog, the first widget will have focus, if this dialog is changed
to use KDialogBase, suddenly it will be the first button having the focus.

 Another try: The KDialogBase patch is almost the same, and there's additional
patch for KActiveLabel, as that one IMHO shouldn't actually get focus, as
it's a label after all, even though based on QTextBrowser.

 Is it ok to commit it?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer