Fwd: "International Domain Names" support in KDE

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Mon Jan 27 22:21:43 GMT 2003

On Monday 27 January 2003 23:08, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> The resolver part of the code is more or less settled. I wonder how support
> goes in the URL part now...

Trying to figure that out... I think KURL should convert alls hosts to their
ascii representation, but with prettyURL and prettyHost returning the unicode
representation. I just need to figure out if there are urls/ioslaves around
that use the host-name part of an URL for something that isn't a DNS-style
host.

And then all use of KURL::host() must be reviewed to see if it should be
changed to KURL::prettyHost()

Cheers,
Waldo