KDialogBase patch - make the first widget initially focused

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Mon Jan 27 12:44:33 GMT 2003

 Hello,

 could somebody please review the attached patch? I use KDialogBase for my
dialogs, and all of them have initially focus on the Ok button instead on the
first widget in the dialog, which I find really annoying (yes, I know, I
could call explictly setFocus() everywhere, but why?). You can for example
see this with 'kcmshell email'.

 I figured KDialogBase is even explicitly forcing focus on the button for some
strange reason (strange, because Enter or at least Ctrl+Enter activates that
button anyway). This patch both disables this explicit giving of the focus to
the button, and also reorders all buttons in the dialog to be at the end of
the tab order. Does somebody know why KDialogBase was written this way, or is
it ok to commit the patch?

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer