As-you-type spell checking and color quoting implemented in the composer

Marc Mutz Marc.Mutz at uni-bielefeld.de
Thu Jan 23 01:24:54 GMT 2003

On Wednesday 22 January 2003 23:24, Daniel Naber wrote:
<snip>
> If KWord-like underline can be used instead of color to show
> misspellings, things would becode more clear to the user I guess.
> Also people usually don't add richtext markup to quoted text.
<snip>

Do I speak goobledygook? I'm _not_ talking about the spell checking _at
all_. :-(

I'm talking about syntax highlighting interfering with normal rich text
editing (bold, italic, and - yes - color).

Consider KMail's composer showing to-be-edited messages like the reader
does (coloring quoted text, highlighting links, etc.). Not think about
how to add rich text (read: HTML) editing to that w/o confusing the
user.

Marc

--
You can fool some people sometimes
But you can't fool all the people all the time        -- Bob Marley