[kde-linux] the konqueror doesn't let the cdrom to be unmounted

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Mon Jan 20 23:55:31 GMT 2003

On Monday 20 January 2003 23:39, Julian Rockey wrote:
> > Also, for Linux, does supermount _have_ to be in fstab or is it possible
> > to mount something "by hand" with supermount? If so, is the option
> > "supermount" in /etc/mtab as well? That would mean we have to change the
> > code...
>
> I think it's possible but unlikely, as the whole point is to have
> supermount automatically mount for you, so most people/distros would use
> fstab. But best be safe I suppose. Does the attached look all right?
If you mount it by hand it will be in mtab only, so no need to check for this
case first and then search for the supermount type... well, that was my first
though, but it might be possible that someone overrides fstab and mounts the
same mountpoint with supermount by hand, so yes, better safe than sorry :)

I've got a version that should compile on every system I know of (Linux, *BSD,
Solaris, IRIX, AIX) and should work on everything except Solaris. I need to
read some more docu first; strange OS, that thing...

I'll commit in a sec after testing.
--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience