[kde-linux] the konqueror doesn't let the cdrom to be unmounted

Michael Brade brade at kde.org
Mon Jan 20 20:50:20 GMT 2003

On Friday 17 January 2003 23:51, Julian Rockey wrote:
> Michael, your changes work OK for me -- just one thing, can I suggest a
> check for vfstype==supermount - for Linux's supermount -  is added in
> addition to the check for noauto in the options (per attached patch)?
> Although supermount does not have the noauto option its mount points should
> not be watched unless in use, to allow it to auto unmount. I can commit if
> you OK it.
Hmm, while trying to fix the IRIX/Solaris systems I noticed: supermount is for
Linux only AFAIK, but you added it to the BSD section (HAVE_GETMNTINFO) as
well. Is that intended?

Also, for Linux, does supermount _have_ to be in fstab or is it possible to
mount something "by hand" with supermount? If so, is the option "supermount"
in /etc/mtab as well? That would mean we have to change the code...

Sorry, I never used supermount, thus all those questions.

--
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience