Debian Woody packages for KDE 3.1 + Ägypten

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Thu Jan 16 20:06:51 GMT 2003

Hi,

Sorry for cross-posting, first of all. I've build a set of debian woody
packages for KDE 3.1 (as most will now except on gpa-dev at gnupg.org) and added
a complete set of woody packages for Aegypten now. Those include packages
that are required backported from unstable where available and extended to
make use of gpgme, threads and smartcard support through opensc + pcsc-lite.

With this set of packages I hope that using Aegypten and KDE 3.1 will be much
easier but be warned that they are a first test now (although I don't expect
too many difficulties). The sources are included for all of the aegypten
packages if you want to port them to other platforms than i386.

More detailed information:

Packages from unstable:

cryptplug  gnupg  gpgme  libgcrypt  pcsc-lite

Packages not in unstable but from gnupg.org:
dirmngr  libksba  mutts-gpgme  newpg  opensc  pinentry

Whereas newpg is split up in gpgme and scdaemon to make the smartcard support
independent. For configuring KMail from KDE 3.1 explained as on

http://kmail.kde.org/kmail-pgpmime-howto.html

it should last to apt-get install kmail and the following packages:

libgcrypt1
libksba0
gpgsm
libgpgme6
cryptplug
pinentry-qt | pinentry-gtk | pinentry-curses

For optional smartcard support, apt-get install scdaemon should resolve all
dependencies (libopensc0, libpcsclite0, pcscd)

I would be pleased if bugs in the overall modified build process can be
reported or if everything is functional now (S/MIME, OpenPGP). Especially
pinentry-qt is of interest as it is a Qt frontend which fits best on KDE :-)

Ralf

- --
Be credativ. Linux.
Ralf Nolden
<mailto:nolden at kde.org>         <mailto:ralf.nolden at credativ.de>

The K Desktop Environment       credativ GmbH
http://www.kde.org              http://www.credativ.de